Stay between Friday 8th and Sunday 10th May 2020 and commemorate VE Day with us.
Brimming with history, Danesfield House was once home to the Intelligence Section of the RAF, known as RAF Medmenham. The unit specialized in photographic intelligence and was the ‘eyes’ to Bletchley Park’s ‘ears’.
Step back in time to RAF Medmenham in World War II and celebrate the 75th anniversary of the end of the War. You’ll learn about the secrets of the house from 1941-1946 as RAF Medmenham, view pictures of the photographic interpretation unit from World War II and try to catch a glimpse of the elusive ‘Grey Lady’ ghost of the house! We will recreate one of the rooms used to help win the war and include a tour and Afternoon Tea at Bletchley Park.
• Overnight accommodation (based on two people sharing a Classic Room)
• Full English breakfast
• Enjoy a three-course dinner
• Full use of the spa facilities between check-in and check-out
• Tour of Bletchley Park with Afternoon Tea
• Informative talks by RAF veterans and current RAF personnel
• Book signings from leading authors of wartime stories
• Talks from volunteers at Hughenden Manor, where the raiding pilot’s maps were drawn up
• Tours of Danesfield House by Peter Faarup, Danesfield’s own private historian
• Museum and exhibition of the photographic interpretation unit
• And much more…..
• From £349 per room, per night
Terms & Conditions:
• Non-refundable and non-transferable, full pre-payment required at the time of booking
• Limited availability
• Promo code to book online: VE2020
For package reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01628 891010