As we head towards winter the office sniffles are likely to be increasing, as are the number of sick days taken because of cold and flu viruses. In the fast-paced and stressful events and meetings environment especially, sick days can have a negative impact on team productivity. Wendy Martinson, Group Nutritionist at De Vere gives her five top tips on how to eat well to support the body’s defence against common illnesses and minimalise stress, keeping employees both motivated and energised.
- Don’t miss out on vital micronutrients
- Stay hydrated
- Look after your gut
- Include Omega 3 fats in your diet
- Include a vitamin D source
Other tips to help prevent illness:
- Ensure you get enough sleep and rest and have relaxation strategies in place, such as mindfulness
- Wash hands effectively with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand gel, especially before meals and after direct contact with potentially contagious people, animals, or places
- Avoid drinking alcohol to excess as this impairs immune function for several hours
The above steps could help to support immune systems and may contribute to the body’s defence against common winter illnesses. With the events and meetings industry being by its nature fast-paced and potentially stress-inducing, employees will do well to implement these strategies to help protect themselves as much as possible, so they can continue to be productive and enjoy their working week.
Click here to read the full article:https://www.devere.co.uk/smart-space/scribe/eat-well-feel-well-how-prevent-sick-days-and-combat-stress-winter/
For more information or to make a booking, please contact our Sales Office on 01753 640000 or email: Samuel.email@example.com