Exclusively Thames Valley Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website Use Terms & Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.exclusivelythamesvalley.co.uk (our Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information about us
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Exclusively Thames Valley Limited, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under company number 10026001, whose registered office address is The Old Weir House, 29 St Peter Street, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1NQ. Our main trading address is Regency House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire. Our VAT number is 200274857.
The ETV logo is a trade mark of, and Exclusively Thames Valley and ETV are trading names of Exclusively Thames Valley Limited.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when search for a venue, make an enquiry and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information and personal information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from members. If you make an enquiry of, arrangement with or otherwise contact any of our members, they may provide feedback to us and if you make a booking with them, they will let us know the date of both the booking and the event, the amount invoiced and related information.
- Information we receive from our other businesses or Ablemaxx Limited. We may receive information about you if you use any websites operated by, or services provided by, us or by Ablemaxx Limited, which is owned and controlled by the same shareholders.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and its content more relevant to your interests. We may also use this information for our own marketing purposes.
Our login session cookies expire after 48 hours or when the browser is closed, unless the “Remember Me” box is checked, in which case they will expire after 14 days unless you authenticate them again. We also use a Google Analytics plugin.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from our other businesses or members. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We will not share your information with third parties, other than:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Use Terms & Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Exclusively Thames Valley Limited, our customers, employees or others.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) but only in relation to our back-up system.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our members and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.